Portfolio

Monday 28 December 2009

2009 in musics

I wanted to do a neat list compiling my favourite releases of this year. However, having bought one full album this year: Florence and the Machine's Lungs (twice), I am in no position to make a comprehensive list of anything apart from the ways in which I contribute to the demise of the record industry as we know it. But I'm going to give it a go, because this is my blog and I'm allowed to put whatever I want here. I could even write 'tinky' over and over again. Or start impersonating the writing style of one Charlie Brooker...hm. Anyway.

Best Album:
Florence and the Machine - Lungs

Best 'Grower':
Cheryl Cole - Fight for This Love

Best Music Video:
Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
(La Roux - I'm Not Your Toy gets an honourable mention)

Best Remix:
The Police - Message in a Bottle (Fresh Direct Remix)

Best Comeback:
Peaches - Talk To Me////Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Heads Will Roll

Most overplayed remix*:
La Roux - In For the Kill (Skream's Let's Get Ravey Remix)

Most overplayed song*:
Major Lazer - Pon De Floor ft. Vybz Kartel

Cutest, purest song:
Mumford & Sons - White Blank Page

Best Live Act:
Have remembered now (12/01/10) and there are a few.

La Roux at Exeter Cavern
Fever Ray at Melt
Phoenix at Camp Bestival
Micachu and the Shapes at Field Day
Florence and the Machine at Bestival

putting paid to the fact I really love girls.

Best Change of musical direction:
Shakira - Shewolf

Most frequently seen act:
Erol Alkan

Best place I've played:
The Thatch Party (in-jokes all around)

Band I'd most like to see doing well in 2010:
Chew Lips

Band which will do well in 2010:
The xx

Best TV Talent competition contender:
Danyl Johnson/////RACHEL ADEDEJI

The song which most evokes memories of having no responsibilities:
Deadmau5 ft. Cascada - I Remember (Caspa Remix)

Best fad I've been turned around to liking after realising it is not directly linked to violence:
Dubstep.

*These songs are still bangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment