Portfolio

Friday 16 April 2010

The sky over London through the ash

On the days when I'm not working, and it's not overcast, I go to see the sun set in Greenwich Park. Other than the Docklands there aren't a great deal of sights to make out, but, at sunlight one can feel at peace whilst overlooking the most anonymous of metropolises.. Some people who I love dearly are living thousands of miles away, and it's affirming to know that there's one thing that we all have in common. And for those I cohabit this grubby little city with, it's nice to know there's something bigger than all of us.






Today the sun was extra special. It can't be seen on here, but the cloud of volcanic ash blowing its way over from Iceland had a noticeable effect on the seeming diametre of the sun. It was so wide and expansive. Yet it wasn't any hotter, in fact it was disproportionately cold, just adding to its eeriness.







[I took all of these photos on my iPhone. And I know I've done something like this before, but no two sunsets are the same, now are they?]

1 comment:

  1. It looks lovely, I can NEVER get decent photos of sunset/sunrise! xx

    ReplyDelete