Portfolio

Thursday 12 November 2009

adaptations - dubstep and burritos

Adaptations come in many shapes and sizes. Today I've chucked my massive Sennheiser headphones on and resultantly looked like a dick for most of the day. I feel I can justify this faux pas by sharing that I have been listening to this on repeat:



The Police's Message in a Bottle is great, but the verses are great because they are all minor and dark. The chorus kind of ruins the song. So it's nice to hear that, in this remix, the whole song is seedy and gross.

--

I also had a dream that I made Cannelloni with Jamie Oliver last night. So today, when buying all of the ingredients, I decided I'd make chili burritos. It's not that exciting, but cooking anything in the oven has previously been disastrous for me:


They were real tasty, quite light, yet hearty AND had ALL of the textures you could ever dream of in a meal: crispy, meaty and carroty. I just used Jamie's recipe for chili con carne. Except, instead of leaving the chili for a WHOLE HOUR, about half an hour in, I put the chili into flour tortillas in a dish then sprinkled loads of grated cheese on top. I chucked it in the over at 160degrees centigrade for about 15 minutes, then grilled it at 190degrees centigrade for about 10 minutes. I served it with salad and squeezed lime on top. Lime and cheese works. It's a powerful dish. After eating I don't feel bogged down, I feel like I can conquer the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment