Portfolio

Monday 12 January 2009

MBO on your stereo not Mister Reagan on PLO.

I'm blogging again.

Which is nice.

As much as I have to read Kim by Rudyard Kipling by 8pm tonight if I'm to get out to a club, I thought I'd just start this with a banger. I want to get myself back into blogging, but, instead of constantly writing lengthy rants and intricate musings on life, I want to communicate some things I like. They'll be anecdotes, or websites, or just things that have particularly interested me.

Klein+MBO -MBO Theme


Try not to get too excited about the video. I really like Klein+MBO and all that Italo Disco shit. I found this in my housemate's record collection. He's into a lot of house, funk and disco and a touch of stuff like this. Although it sounds ridiculously similar to 'Dirty Talk' - another track worth checking out - the melody is just beaaaautiful. I quite like the rap's unashamedly camp qualities. Also sounds frightfully like Yo Majesty's Club Action at the VERY beginning. Enjoy, boy.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm the BIGGEST Klein & MBO fan in Indiana. Try their entire album "De-Ja-Vu" from 1982: http://www.discogs.com/Klein-MBO-De-Ja-Vu/release/331844

    It's widely available on Soulseek.

    The best italo mix I've heard recently was Hellboy (2006) by DJ Hell on Munich Records: http://www.discogs.com/Various-Hellboy/release/630885 which is also widely available on Soulseek (SLSKNET.ORG)

    ReplyDelete